A Mummy MOT is a specialist postnatal examination for women following both vaginal and C-section deliveries. It will assess how your posture, pelvic floor muscles and stomach muscles are recovering after childbirth.
The Mummy MOT includes the review of a pre-assessment form which will be sent to you via email, a face-to-face assessment and treatment session, and a post session report.
- Have you had a baby and are you having any back or pelvic pain when walking, lifting your little one or pushing the buggy?
- Have you noticed weakness in your pelvic floor and some urinary weakness since giving birth?
- Are you wanting to get back to exercise but are worried that you might injure yourself?
- Do your tummy muscles for weak and you are worried that you have a separation (diastasis recti)?
Then the Mummy MOT can help you!
What does the Mummy MOT involve?
- Full postural screen to check for any muscle weakness or imbalance which might lead to lower back or pelvic girdle pain
- Abdominal muscle exam to check for any separation
- Pelvic floor muscle assessment
- Screening for bladder, bowel or vaginal pain or dysfunction
What can the Mummy MOT provide?
- Strategies and exercises to help relieve post pregnancy-related lower back and pelvic girdle pain
- Functional exercises to help with lifting and looking after the baby
- Exercises to help with return to sport, running or the gym
Bethan Cannon is an experienced and caring Women’s Health specialist and is now offering the Mummy MOT. As a mother of two active boys, she knows how important it is to be fit and well from the earliest point of motherhood!
The Mummy MOT is an hour long appointment and is £100. An investment in your health and well-being!